Pages

Sunday 1 January 2012

How To:Make an Ornament Wreath

Hey Kids! 

First off, I'd like to apologise for being a lazy blogger these last few months. I've been getting my life in order and unfortunately the Crafty B*tch has been put on the back burner. But I'm back! New Year and new beginnings, I'm ready to take this blog places! I've got tons of cool stuff to show you guys and I really can't wait to get started! 

I hope you all had a fabulous holiday season! Ours was great, we even got a new puppy! Boomer has been such a fantastic addition to our home. Him and Buddha are polar opposites, adding a little balance to our lives :) I got a wonderful craft to show you today, that is a great way to get rid of those old Christmas balls that you still like to look at but don't necessarily "go" with the rest of the decorations on your tree! Or you can do what I did and go to your local Wal-mart or Superstore and pick up 100 ball ornaments for $5! 




You will need:
a wire hanger
about 80 ball-shaped Christmas ornaments
glue gun
pliers


STEP ONE:
Untwist wire hanger and bend into a circle shape. Use the pliers or your hands if you're a tough guy to untwist the hanger at the top. Bend hanger into a circle shape like this....



STEP TWO:
Take tops off the ornaments and hot glue them back on. I learned this the hard way. After about 10 balls popped off their top and bounced around my kitchen like ping pong balls, I decided gluing them would save my craft...and sanity!


STEP THREE:
Thread balls on to the hanger. Just go with it! I just chose random colours and sizes. Use smaller balls to fill in spaces where the wire hanger pokes through the spaces.

A little craft making treat! ;)

STEP FOUR:
Twist the hanger back together. This is where things get tricky. Be very careful while doing this, it can be a little difficult (four hands are better than two, so call in back up!) I didn't even take pictures while doing this...sorry! 

STEP FIVE:
Hang your wreath for all to see! I know this craft should have been posted before Christmas but you can make it this year and show it off for next season ;) I just used the hook to hang the wreath. Feel free to add a little flair to your wreath, maybe some glittered poinsettia or feathers! I think a wide silk ribbon with a bow would look so pretty at the top, but I didn't have any laying around and I just couldn't wait to post this! 



I hope this tutorial was easy enough to follow and I hope you make and enjoy your new home-made Christmas wreath! See you all soon!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment